Too many children in Aotearoa New Zealand experience abuse and neglect. You can help change this by getting trained to recognise signs of child abuse, how to respond and help a child from experiencing further harm. Prevention is the key to children living a life free of abuse and neglect. Learn safeguarding measures to prevent harm from occurring in the first instance.
Abuse has a significant impact on the health and wellbeing of a tamariki, potentially affecting every aspect of their current and future life including mental health, happiness, employment, educational achievement, relationships and parenting. As an educator, not only do you have a duty of care to safeguard and protect tamariki but are in a prime position to do so.
Safeguarding Children have developed safeguarding and child protection eLearning modules for anyone working with tamariki in the primary, intermediate and secondary school environment. For example, teachers, teacher aides, parents/whānau helper or administrators.
- Safeguarding and Child Protection for the ECE Sector(external link)
- Safeguarding and Child Protection for Primary and Intermediate Schools(external link)
- Disclosures Recorded Webinar(external link)
- Information Sharing Recorded Webinar(external link)
- Code of Conduct Recorded Webinar(external link)(external link)
- Recognising & Responding to Neglect eLearning(external link)
If you would like to learn more about what training might be best for your needs, visit our the Safeguarding Children website(external link).